Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Joys of Blogs

Lately I have been finding numerous blogs by other members of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The majority of the blogs I have found are being produced by pastors within the church. Many of the posts have been thought provoking and I am enjoying reading all of them. The log I have found most recently has been Shuck and Jive, a blog by Rev. John Shuck of Tennessee.

I'm not sure what I would do without access to blogs. Yes, that is a bit of an exaggeration...but still. The blogs that I find make em think. They can reaffirm my views or make me think about things I believe in a new light. They provide me with new resources and "evidence" to make my arguments.

A lot of people who blog have been blogging about Amendment 10A because it is such a hot topic in our denomination right now. In Shuck and Jive he posted his own beliefs on Amendment 10A and then provided other resources as well. There is the vote count front he presbyteries, the Morelight Presbyterians Blog post, a link to Bruce Reyes-Chow's Presbymeme, youtube videos, and other sites relating to the debate over Amendment 10-A.

I love the Internet and social media. it allows us to connect with people all over the country and the world. In seconds you can get your views to people everywhere. And you can learn some one's opinion on a topic in the amount of time it takes you to read a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment