I just wanted to say how much I love my Presbytery! That's really random, I know. People often talk about how much they love their church, which I do, but I also love my Presbytery.
- I love when they nominate me to do things (like be a Synod Commissioner) even though in church standards I am crazy young (average age of a Presbyterian is 61).
- I love how welcoming and embracing they are.
- I love that the vast majority of people who attend presbytery meetings know who I am.
- I love that CPM (Committee on Preparation for Ministry) is super easy to work with.
- I love that there are so many people in my presbytery that are supportive of me and willing to talk to me and help me along the path toward ministry.
- I love that we care about rights and put a lot of attention into civil rights and issues that concern the members of our Presbytery.
- I love that we have a transgender woman as a candidate and that tonight my dear friend and mentor, who is openly gay, became a candidate as well.
I cannot wait to be able to be ordained in the Presbytery of Boston.
I love my Presbytery!