Monday, September 26, 2011

I Love My Presbytery

Two posts in one night! Either I am trying to make up for all of the times I forgot to blog or I really don't want to finish my exegesis...probably that latter.

I just wanted to say how much I love my Presbytery! That's really random, I know. People often talk about how much they love their church, which I do, but I also love my Presbytery.

  • I love when they nominate me to do things (like be a Synod Commissioner) even though in church standards I am crazy young (average age of a Presbyterian is 61). 
  • I love how welcoming and embracing they are.
  • I love that the vast majority of people who attend presbytery meetings know who I am.
  • I love that CPM (Committee on Preparation for Ministry) is super easy to work with. 
  • I love that there are so many people in my presbytery that are supportive of me and willing to talk to me and help me along the path toward ministry. 
  • I love that we care about rights and put a lot of attention into civil rights and issues that concern the members of our Presbytery. 
  • I love that we have a transgender woman as a candidate and that tonight my dear friend and mentor, who is openly gay, became a candidate as well.
I cannot wait to be able to be ordained in the Presbytery of Boston.

I love my Presbytery!

No comments:

Post a Comment