Wednesday, March 24, 2010

rings and stones

Two posts in one day! Aren't you lucky??

Well the first post of today was written in my head a few days ago but I never got around to writing it down. This post on the other hand I am coming up with as I type it. Yes, I am that good!

What with some of my friends getting married and others getting engaged I have got rings on the mind. While looking at rings with a friend I started thinking about the different type of rings. While there is the princess, round, oval, pear, marquise, emerald, heart, trilliant, radiant, and cushion cut, this is not what I am talking about. The different types of rings I am thinking of are the unique ones. One of my friends proposed with an opal engagement ring. New! different! unique! I know of another friend that is using a ring that has been passed down through the generations. I think this may be my favorite type of ring. A family heirlom. With that ring you carry your family. The past comes along with you as do the people who have worn it previously.

I think my next favorite type of ring are ones with unique stones. Who needs diamonds? They are so expensive. I think it might be more economical to look for a different type of stone. Plus with a different gemstone you get to be special. Everyone has diamonds but not too many people have a ruby engagement ring.

That brings me into gemstones. I love rubies as an engagement ring stone. Rubies are red. Red is the color of Love and passion. Makes sense to me! But okay, rubies can be a bit expensive as well. EMERALDS! I love love love emeralds. I don't know if it the whole Irish thing and maybe I am genetically programed to like emeralds, but I love them! They are unique and amazing and heck Green looks good on me :)

That's just my brief thoughts on rings and stones. I could go on for ages. But I will leave you with this for now. Engagement rings do not have to cost you an arm, a leg, and your first born. Start with an inexpensive but beautiful ring and then a few years down the road when you have real money buy a more expensive ring if that is what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment