Saturday, February 27, 2010

This Summer

This summer is going to be a jampacked one and I want to fill it with even more things.

so far on my plate is: The World Communion of Reformed Churches. June 12-28. Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am so excited because I get to meet people from other churches in the USA and also people from around the world. We are all Christians of different denominations within the reformed faith. I am going to learn so much and meet so many great people. I cannot wait! It is at Calvin College which means I will also get to check out the Seminary while I am there.

Then In July I head to Indiana. I am going to the Presbyterian Youth Triennium at Purdue University as a member of the work crew. I get to help out with anything that the leaders of PYT need. I get to hang out with different PCUSA and cumberland people from all over the country. When I was at Synod in October, Byron Wade (vice-moderator of the PCUSA) and Andy James ( a pastor in NYC Presbytery) both said they will be there...so I am pumped. THe group from Boston Presbytery will be flying from Boston to Indianapolis and then taking a shuttle from Indianapolis to Purdue. July 20-24.

August- the second week of August I'm spending at Camp Wilmot volunteering at Challenger's camp. This week is probably the highlight of my year. I get to spend a week working with mentally challenged adults in the woods doing all kinds of fun things. And the other people I work with are amazing and fantastic as well. I can truly see the face of God in every single one of the campers.

That's what I have planned so far. I want to add more things though. I would love to attend General Assembly but I don't see that happening this year unfortunatly :'( It is the summer before my senior year of college. I want to get as much amazing things into this summer as possible. I want to add more presby things, more conferences, more events. I want to spend more time in the woods. more time learning things. more time camping. more time on a river. I want to do so much this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment