Saturday, March 5, 2011

NEED WORK!

For mot of the country summer does not really start until July. Children in grades K-11 do not get out of school until the end of June (at least up here in the North East), and those graduating from High School get out at the very end of May or the very beginning on June. Because of this many jobs, like those at summer camps, do not start until the very end of June or very beginning of July. What are college students to do when they get out of school at the beginning or middle of May?

In the past it has not been that difficult for me. I get out of school in May and then work on campus and off campus driving from the house to work and back everyday. This year is different. This year I am graduating from college. After May 15th I can no longer work on campus. That eliminates that income. And this year I have one week from the day I graduate to find a new place to live. So as of May 22, I have one part time job but nowhere to live. I have been searching all over the internet for a solution to my problem. There's a recent development but I am not sure if it is positive or negative. As everyone is well aware I have been accepted to Princeton Theological Seminary for the fall. Princeton has a Summer Language Program where I can take Greek or Hebrew during the summer and just focus on the language. This starts July 11th.

So From May 22-July11 I have to find a place to live and a job to do. Really I can work from May 16-July 11. That's 56 days. I have searched and searched and have yet to find some thing that provides money and a place to stay. I do not need to earn much. Just enough to pay for my car and cell phone...and maybe some books for when I start at Princeton. I'm willing to do almost anything. I would love to find something ministry related but I'm open to anything at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment