Monday, July 5, 2010

oh dear

Sorry, I haven't blogged in a while but that has been because there has been soooooo much going on. Where to start? where to start?

Okay, Let's start with this little tidbit: a few days before I headed to Michigan for the World Communion of Reforemd Churches (more on that later), I found out some horrible news. Atlantic Union College (as in the College that I attend) has lost it's accreditation. Pause for a moment of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, so while it will remain open, NEASC (the regional accrediting board) has decided to revoke the accreditation. AUC plan to petition it but we will see how it will go.

So what is up for the fall? At the moment, I have no clue! I can stay at AUC and hope that the win the appeal. I can transfer to another Adventist school (the nearest is in Washington DC) and continue to feel oppressed. I can transfer to a public school that doesn't have a religion major and hope a lot of my credits transfer. I can enroll in Liberty University and finish up with their online classes. Or I suppose the final option would be volunteerism and by that I most likely mean City Year.

Those are the options and I have no clue what I am doing in the fall! OH JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment