Friday, July 16, 2010

epic fail

I FAIL EPICLY AT BLOGGING!

I'm not entirely convinced that anyone actually reads my blog so I suppose it is okay then. It's not like I am letting anyone down. Now I shall blog about what I was supposed to blog about a month ago. The World Communion of Reformed Churches!

So, I spent 18 days at Calvin College (Grand Rapids, MI) for the World Communion of Reformed Churches. From June 11-29 I got to know people from all over the world....literally! We covered 6 of the 7 continents and well over 100 countries. It was such an amazing experience. Meeting people and learning about different cultures was fantastic. I learned a few words in other languages (for instance, Labas means Hello in Lithuanian) and I taught some people about how certain things are done and said in the US. It was a great networking experience as well. I now have friends in places all over the globe that I can go visit! :)

On top of meeting so many great people from around the world I also learned a lot! There were two Eccumenical bodies: The World Alliance of Reformed Churches (based in Geneva) and the Reformed Eccumenical Council (based in Grand Rapids). Durign the Uniting General Council, these two bodies came together to form a new organization: The World Communion of Reformed Churches. Sort of like an Eccumenical super power!

Over the course of those 18 days I learned about the Accra Confession (which I think is pretty cool), what life is like for Christians in other parts of the world, the indigenous people in North America, and abotu different justice topics. all of the documents we covered (Which are a lot) can be found online at http://www.reformedchurches.org/documents.

This experience has sparked something in me for Eccumenism. I want to get involved in any way possible. The National Council of Churches is getting together in November and I plan to apply to be a steward. I love working with other Christians on eccumenical relations. It is just so amazing. I realize that I sound like I am being sarcastic but I am 100% serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment