Thursday, November 11, 2010

Princeton: Day 1

So it took me about 5 hours to drive from South Lancaster to Princeton. I got to campus a little after two and got lost on campus. I made it to the place where I was meant to check-in and received my schedule, name tag, bottle etc. I had over an hour to kill before I could check into my room. I sat on some random bench in the quad and went through the folder they gave us.
The name tags clearly give away that we are perspectives because a couple people came up to me at different times to talk to me. People here are friendly to say the least.
Our group if perspective students varies greatly. There are those of us still in school, some that graduated recently, some that took TIME off and one guy is at least in his forties. Its an interesting group.
I think I sort of expected to arrive at Princeton an have this overwhelming feeling that this is the place for me. Something calling me here, a little voice in the back of my head…something. I'm not having that feeling yet. It's not at all like Columbia where I had the "this I'd not the place for me feeling" but I'm not having the "I have to go to Princeton" feeling either. I'm not sure if it's that I've been hearing about Princeton for so long that I've built up amazing expectations or what. I've got a whole day and a half left at Princeton and we will see what it brings for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment